Friday, October 12, 2012

The Call

For days, I have not been able to stop thinking about those beautiful children in Papua New Guinea at BFO Orphanage. My heart was anxious and my mind was constantly racing. I was in distress. I was even becoming (irrationally) upset that my contacts for the orphanage weren't emailing me back. Even though it hadn't even been a day since my last sent e-mail.

And then a few nights ago, as I was reading a book by Max Lucado (Outlive Your Life), I realized something. I realized that, yes, these orphans need food, they need water, they need clothes. But most of all, they need Jesus. They need their creator, who loves them more than anything in the world, the one who planned their every breath! I then silently scolded myself. "Why, then, if you know these children need their creator, their father, are YOU not asking HIM what to do???"

I prayed, I told my father that I REALLY want to go. But my true desire is to serve him and follow his will. I want his will to be mine. I told him to do what he had planned with my life, because I am his.

That night I received a call from Dave of Orphan List. He told me the need for workers in Papua New Guinea. They need short and long term workers. We would most likely be able to go as soon as I raise the money. I was so flubbin ecstatic. 

It's funny how God does that. I knew that I wanted to go all along. But as soon as I gave the issue to the almighty, It was as if he said, "Well, Goodness, It's about time you give me back that book of life plans. NOW we can move along." 

Well Daddy God, I thank you.




"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, and not to harm you plans to give you hope and a future,"
-Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

  1. Leah, I will be praying for you constantly! There are goers and there are senders! God placed it in your heart a long time ago that you are a "goer"! Go and spread the goodnews! Praying for peace as HE shows you HIS timing! HE will open doors for you as you move forward! <3

    ReplyDelete