Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Video That Started It All




A few days ago, I was going about my "normal" life.
   I woke up, checked my phone for notifications, brushed my teeth, put my new outfit on, and ate a hearty breakfast. A routine I considered mediocre; and definitely hadn't been thankful for. My life had been flying by lately. I had just turned Eighteen, and of course everything {and I mean everything} revolved around the statement "I'm an adult, you can't make me do anything,".
                         
                                I was going through the motions,
                                questioning my faith,
                                taking for granted {even hating} the good things in my life,
                                Although I would never admit it, I felt I had no purpose,
                                No meaning,
                             
So as I sat at the breakfast table, thinking of what I wanted for Christmas, and why the iPhone 3gs wasn't good enough; my mom whipped out her computer. She proceeded to tell me of an orphanage that had opened in her homeland {Papua New Guinea}. "Ok, Ok," I thought, "Get on with it, I've got some pinning to do,"

Of course, I had ALWAYS had a heart for the orphans, but after eighteen years of asking God for an adopted little sister, my meek faith, had given up hope.

But the video, I saw it and...
It was a feeling I can't explain.
It was as if, I found a missing piece of my heart.


These kids have no parents, not enough food. They sleep outside.
Yet they still Smile. They still thank God for what they have.

I found myself, in the days to come, not able to lose the thought of these kids or this ministry. Does God want me to go? Does he want me to raise money, or awareness?

I pray that, whatever God has in store for me, for these kids, maybe all of us together, that he will reveal his plan.

I believe with all my heart, this is the start of something great.

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
Isaiah 6:8



                             
         
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment